Monday, May 25, 2009

The next bubble...

After two major bubbles popping in our economy in the last decade (the internet and real estate bubbles), I've wondered where the next bubble will form and if the pop will be as dramatic as the first two. Each bubble grows as investors jump on board in the boom times but, eventually, the market has a reality check and the bubble pops. In the boom times, fraud perpetrators have abundant opportunities to create a facade that investors are happy to finance. Then, when the reality check comes, the facade is revealed and rampant fraud is revealed.

I was reading about the proposed legislation for green energy and I'm going to be watching for a bubble in this area of the economy. Along with the bubble, I'm curious to see how much fraud forms among the companies that are jumping on board to make their millions while the government is blowing hot air into that part of the economy. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see us get away from foreign oil and put the middle east out of business but I'm also pretty sure that whenever the government is blowing hot air that a bubble will form and fraud perpetrators will come running to get their share.

No comments:

Post a Comment