Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Lance Armstong Investigation: Have I Heard From Him?

I get this question on a regular basis. People have heard that he tries to intimidate and bully anyone who says anything negative about him. Well, the short answer is that I haven't heard from him. If I do, you will be the first to know as I'll blog about it here.

Interestingly, another blogger about Lance's woes, Anna Zimmerman, did hear from him recently. Check it out here. It's complete with screenshots from Anna's twitter account. He started following her one day and contacted her. When she didn't respond right away he contacted her again.

She basically called his bluff as he asked to meet with her so he could share some thoughts and she said no thanks, you can just tell me what you want to tell me using the internet. Not surprisingly, Lance didn't respond...I think he's smarter than that.

Here is one of the screenshots from her blog:



My guess is that she will be recording any phone calls he makes to her too. I know I would...

By the way, Anna's blog is full of some well thought out analysis of Lance's situation. I recommend reading her recent posts about Lance and LiveStrong. She lays it out pretty clearly why, in her opinion, Lance's lawsuit against USADA is baseless and that LiveStrong could lose its tax-exempt status for lobbying on Lance's behalf.

She appears to have a legal background and lives in Austin, Texas. Pretty gutsy woman if you ask me. I tip my hat to her.

1 comment:

  1. I read a little of Anna's blog... I really liked the part where she described herself as a "fire-breathing libertarian" :)

    ReplyDelete